Causes of Infertility
The causes may lie in the male (30%), in the female (30%) or in both and even, in some cases, the cause may become inexplicable.
As for men, the main causes of male infertility are:
- Alterations of the genital tract that make it impossible to deposit semen at the bottom of the vagina during intercourse
- Erection problems
- Alterations in semen production (decreased quality and quantity of semen)
- Abnormal situation of the urinary meatus, very pronounced curvatures of the penis or a large decrease thereof
- Extreme obesity
80% of female sterility cases are mainly due to:
- Advanced age: from 35 years the reproductive potential decreases and after 40 years, the possibility of pregnancy is less than 10%
- Tube-peritoneal factor: when the fallopian tubes encounter some type of injury
- Endometriosis: when the uterine tissue is outside the uterus
- Other risk factors: myomas; sexually transmitted diseases; chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, thyroid disease, asthma or depression. Taking medication as antidepressants.
Alterations in the testicular area, duct obstruction, prostate pathologies, ejaculation or erection alterations and semen issues.
Early menopause, endometriosis, obstructions or lesions of the fallopian tubes, uterine and cervical abnormalities or ovulatory problems.
In which the two members of the couple are responsible.
In some cases the cause could not be identified.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Get in touch
Life is the art of encounter. We want to be part of your path. We aim you to have the best quality of life.